CSF 2024 Wig & Makeup Supervisor
Requisition Number: 53099
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Temporary Staff
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date: 04-Dec-2023
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival, located on the campus of the University of Colorado Boulder, encourages applications for the Wigs & Makeup Supervisor position for the 2024 CSF Season! This position will supervise and complete all wig and makeup elements for a 2-show repertory season.
The 2024 CSF season begins May 2024 and responsibilities for this position will continue until late-July 2024 with some remote responsibilities beginning in January 2024 regarding design and production meetings.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
For over 60 seasons, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival has delighted audiences with classic theatre under the stars. The Colorado Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958, the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior artistic quality, education, and community engagement. CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by inspiring, challenging and cultivating the imagination of audiences and artists.
Plays are performed in the newly renovated Roe Green Theatre indoors. The festivals education programs reach tens of thousands of school children each year through camps, classes and outreach performances that connect them with the continuing tradition and importance of Shakespeare.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Supervise and complete all wig and makeup elements.
- Consult with the CSF Costume Shop Manager and Costume Designers on feasibility of costume designs.
- Pull, purchase, alter, and / or manufacture all wigs, hair styles, and facial hair as designed.
- Maintain wig / hair stock.
- Perform and / or schedule regular hair styling and cuts for company members as needed to maintain designs for each production.
- Demonstrate and apply traditional and contemporary makeup techniques.
- Supervise and direct hair and makeup staff, volunteers, and college level apprentices.
What You Should Know
- This is a temporary position.
- Perform a variety of physical tasks including but not limited to climbing, stooping, pushing, bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting, and pulling.
- Push, pull, lift, and move up to 25 lbs. at times on a repetitive basis.
- Use of manual dexterity in the operation of tools.
Working Conditions & Environment
- Working in a variety of environments including but not limited to construction shops, stages, trap rooms, catwalks and grids, warehouses, exposed loading docks, and outdoors.
- Work environment may be dirty, noisy, in low-light, or in a tight and cramped space.
- Will be exposed, at times, to potentially hazardous materials and equipment.
- Will regularly be required to wear PPE during work activities.
What We Can Offer
- The hourly range for this position is $21.00 to $23.00 per hour.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave.
Be engaged. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- At least one year of related experience demonstrating the appropriate skill sets. Appropriate education will substitute for experience on a year-for-year basis.
- A valid drivers license is required for this position.
What You Will Need
- A dedication to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment.
- Tight-knit collaboration, communication, and technical skills related to the required skill set of the position.
- The ability to maintain high quality / standards and a safe and supportive work environment while working on tight timelines.
- Artistic sensibility and sensitivity.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Please include at least 3 references with their contact information on your resume.
- A cover letter that specifically identifies the positions for which you are applying and that tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of those positions.
Please apply by December 4, 2023 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/CSF-2024-Wig-Makeup-Supervisor/53099
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency